Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Flooring: Trafficmaster Allure Tile

Trafficmaster Allure Tile, Corfu Resin from Home Depot only $2.94 / sq. ft. (less than half the cost of Marmoleum!!!) Is it sad how quickly my green inclinations go out the window when I find a good deal? *sigh* I am on a budget here people. Rough cost for flooring for kitchen: $400 - pretty awesome indeed. Got pretty good reviews, evidently it's lighter in person which might be nice. I am a little frightened of having dark floors but I suspect that with light cabinets, light counters and light and bright paint it'll look nice. Here's a picture of it in someone's kitchen (from DIYchatroom.com). I'm not liking this at all! Maybe it's the kitchen itself but I'm seeing 80's. Hmmmm....












Next is Trafficmaster Allure tile, Patina Resilient. I think that I like this one best. Dark but beautiful slate look. Guess a fieldtrip to HD is next for me!


















Another from Home Depot: Faus Group, Inc. Rusted Porcelain Bison





K now I'm really getting into the dark floor look. I need to be careful because I do not want a modern look. *UPDATE 11/19/09: Went to HD today and found that I really liked this Rusted Porcelain! Still not sure about how dark it is but it was surprisingly high-quality.









However this Trafficmaster Blue Slate is kinda looking awesome to me. All these will just have to be seen in person to have any sort of opinion on. I'm a little wary of having a "statement" kitchen. You know, when people say "Whoa" when they come into the room but not necessarily because they like the look. I like the look of planks more than I do fake tiles. I guess tiles can be an 80's look to me.

Of course then there's this Pergo Presto Whitehall Pine Laminate. But white or birch cabinets might look strange with this color of a floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment